Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Elk Backstrap
This is seriously a fool proof recipe. Every ingredient compliments each other, and if you’re entertaining people they may even think you are a gourmet chef!
- 2 pounds elk loin (backstop), cut into 2 ounce pieces
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 16 slices thick cut bacon
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Season backstrap pieces with liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Wrap each piece of meat with a strip of bacon, and place on a metal skewer.
- Cook the elk on the preheated grill until the bacon becomes slightly burnt, and the meat has cooked to medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes.
Pair with a sweet red wine.